Yamika Leeper-Stephens motivational and inspirational speaker is the founder of YLS Fitness & Exercise Coaching, LLC as well as a Physical Education Instructor and Lifestyle Fitness Coach who embodies the world of health, wellness and fitness.
Born and raised in Toledo, Ohio she primarily contributes her passion and motivation for fitness and health to her family’s history of chronic health issues. Yamika made the choice to make lifestyle changes of her own and practiced healthy living by moving the body daily and creating healthy eating habits.
Yamika majored in Exercise Science receiving a Degree of Associate of Arts in Physical Education at Sinclair Community College where she currently teaches as a Physical Education Instructor. Outside of Sinclair Community College Yamika also worked at Wright State University as a Recreation Fitness Instructor for ten years where she began her fitness career and completed a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Psychology. Within the past couple of years she has connected with Central State University Dayton Campus instructing health and wellness and activity classes. In addition to teaching in higher education, Yamika enjoys instructing fitness classes at various locations in the community.
Mrs. Leeper-Stephens enjoys inspiring, motivating and challenging all to better health and self commitment, holding everyone she encounters accountable for their healthy lifestyle journey. In the course of ten years she has branched out and made moves to connect more with the community promoting self-care as an essential part of health and wellness.
In her career she has presented on health, wellness, fitness, leadership and self-care to various community groups, schools, and corporations such as:
- The Blue Conference Sponsored by The Aids Resource Center Dayton, OH
- Colonel White High School Youth Visionaries Forum Sponsored by Sinclair Community College’s Annual Black Man’s Think Tank Dayton, OH
- Annual Women’s Leadership Conference Sponsored by Sinclair Community College’s Student Leadership and Engagement Dayton, OH
- Health and Wellness Employee Week Sponsored by Delphi Corporation Dayton, OH
- Girl Get It Together (GGIT) Annual Women’s Conference
- American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) – Polaris Chapter Huber Heights, OH
- Black Nurses Rock Dayton, OH Chapter
- Women in Ministry Annual Meeting: Self-Care Sponsored by Quinn Chapel Church Cincinnati, OH
- Self-Care Workshop Sponsored by Living Fragrance Ministries, LLC Cincinnati, OH
- Women’s Wellness Retreat Sponsored by Women in Ministries Yellowsprings, OH
- Achievement Luncheon Sponsored by Abundant Life Christ Centered Ministries
- Women of Color Symposium Sponsored by Self Care Ain’t Selfish, LLC
- Vision Board Mixer: Establish Yourself Sponsored by Bramewave Educational Consulting
With the desire to implement the practice of Yoga in the community; Yamika has shared her love for Yoga with the children of West Dayton Strong’s after school program at Desoto Bass Courts and the children of Hilltop Homes sponsored by Citywide Development Corporation in Dayton, Ohio.
Yamika has been featured in the 2018 Summer Issue of ” I Am Unashamed Magazine”, based out of Washington D.C., highlighting the benefits of yoga and demonstrates her love and passion for the practice. She is also a featured teacher and proud member of Black Yoga Magic; A Worldwide Yoga Directory Featuring Teachers of the Aftican Diaspora. Yamika lives by positive energy and continues to share her passion through her fitness and exercise coaching. Your Lifestyle (YLS) Fitness & Exercise Coaching, LLC focuses on creating healthy living by promoting healthy lifestyle behaviors inspiring all to be fit. Incorporating both the mind and body to balance health and wellness is key for YLS Fitness & Exercise Coaching.
YLS Fitness & Exercise Coaching, LLC assists individuals with making conscious healthy choices that promotes healthy living to reach fitness and exercise goals. YLS Fitness addresses the five essential Components of Fitness: Cardiovascular Health, Muscular Strength & Endurance, a healthy Body Composition, and Flexibility. Services include individual coaching and training, home training, group training and instruction including: Aquatic Exercise, Boot Camp, Cardio Boxing, Core Conditioning, Cycling, Fitness Walking, Flexibility, Kickboxing, Meditation, Pilates, Self-care, Strength Training, Grief & Loss Support, Yoga and Retreats.